Archive | July 27, 2007

Selbuvotter Mittens!

These are a pair of the mittens from the Selbuvotter book. The pattern is Annemor #16 and I’m using Patons kroy as the solid, Austermann step as the contrast.

I really like the pattern on the inside of the hand. I was careful to cast on in pattern and pick up for the thumb in pattern as well. I am happy with the result, you can barely see the join 🙂

Posted by Picasa

Thermal is Done!

Very, very pleased! I’m done Thermal from and am pretty happy with how it turned out.

The yarn was Elann’s ‘sock it to me collection’ sock yarn in two different shades (one navy/blues, one grey/black and both patterning) which should have done what you see in the sock at the left. I used lots of little balls to keep the yarn from doing it’s patterning in the sleeves. I have a bit left and used a total of ten 50 gram balls.
I always add at least a couple inches in length because I have a long back/arms. I didn’t add the buttons, but did do the button hole…maybe will do the buttons in future 🙂

Posted by Picasa