Design Adventures


My attempts to design a sock hit a snag yesterday!  This is actually attempt number 2.  Number one had to frogged after I found I had increased to too many stitches.   I forgot to consider negative ease.   I also didn’t like the rate of increase…too triagular for my liking.  So here I have a more rounded, shorter toe.  I did use the Eastern Cast On method which I like because I can start with many stitches (16 in this case) and they are ‘grafted’ without grafting! 🙂

It’s so hard for me to think of a name for this sock.  Naming inanimate objects isn’t my strong point.  I’ve got a few ideas though…

It’s so much fun and yet so challenging to knit without a pattern.  Such a feeling of possibility…and such a possibility of having to frog!  lol.  That is the part that keeps me from this most of the time. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s