My first sock is all done! I’m pretty happy with it. My lace turned out more like a textural stitch…the guage is so tight that you can’t really see the ‘laciness’ of it. Ok though, I like how it ended up looking very much. The fabric is nice and sturdy while being stretchy enough for a comfortable sock.
I used the ‘St. Johns Wort’ stitch pattern and a short row heel. I like how the heel came out…no holes at all. What I would change, next time I knit these, is the depth of the heel. I went down to 18 sts but I think they may be better with 16, adding the two extra short rows and a little more depth to the heel.
Here is the heel…
Now I just have to finish the second one! If you’d like to make these, I’ve written the pattern and you can find it here; https://knitsnthings.wordpress.com/memories-sock-pattern/