Well, this may be my fastest frog ever! I got almost halfway done the first quarter panel of the tree skirt and realized I don’t really like it very much.
I’ve frogged it and cast back on for an improvised skirt. I’m using the basics (the cast on number of sts and the increases) from the pattern and I’m going to design my own ‘insides’. I like the holly leaves/berry so I’ll include those. I’m going to do the entire skirt at once rather than make it in quarters. I realize this means my needles will be very full by the end, lol, but hopefully it works out ok!
So, Now Halloween is over and it’s time to focus on CHRISTMAS!!
I’ve finished a scarf for my nephew, tried to finish a matching hat…lol…didn’t swatch and designed it myself so it turned out baby sized and will be going to Christmas Cheer. I’m sticking to the same idea and adding 20 sts to the next one. They are hats using the ‘my so called scarf’ stitch, modified to work in the round.
Because I’m frustrated by the non-fitting hat, I’ve put that aside for now and have cast on the ‘floral tree skirt’ from Handknit Holidays. The pattern is by Michelle Rose Orne (which I just noticed) and she is the same designer that designed the composed mitts as it turns out! I’m using stash yarn, mostly red heart….LOL, I added my stash to ravelry and I now feel obligated to find stash busting projects. It seems I have a little wool problem!
Must go knit and de-Halloween this house, lol (the kids have decorated everything in sight). Have a great day!