Archive | March 24, 2009

The Second Set

I wanted to try to make another set of wool combs.

100_2454

100_2457

This time, I used some scrap needleword framing wood (no idea what type but it seems really light) with bamboo handles (from the dollar store wooden spoons) and again the 3.5 inch finishing nails but I bent them this time.

100_2477

LOL, not easy but possible. I used a large wrench, a set of pliers and traced the original on paper to match the rest with.

100_2478

I used the 5 minute epoxy again and left them to set for almost 24 hours.

100_2496

They seem to work a bit better than my first set because of the curved ends. Really happy with them!

100_2502

Advertisements