Ok, because we are SICK of waiting and getting worried about the wait – we took Miss Daisy to the vet yesterday.
He thinks she is pregnant (to think I paid money to hear ‘I think’ lol)– cannot tell for sure by feeling her belly as she is a daschund and so we’ve gotten her a pregnancy blood test and I should hear back today.
I don’t feel so bad knowing even the vet cannot tell more than I can! He seems quite sure that the symptoms are pregnancy but (strange) he thinks she is LESS far along than we think. I can’t see how but Mother Nature does whatever she likes…
He suggested that if she comes back positive today we can do an x-ray to see how many and if she will be able to give birth herself. He didn’t bat an eye about the father being a basset hound so I’m guessing stranger things have happened! 🙂 He suggested the x-ray in a week or so…lol…I really think the puppies will be born before we go to the appointment ASSUMING she is pregnant. The only alternative is false pregnancy and if this is false it’s incredibly persistant.
I spun last night and finished up the second single. I started plying it and it’s a nice thin weight! I may be able to use it in something 🙂 I’m thinking it would look awesome in the Selbuvotter stuff.
Here’s a picture (I promised) of my ‘homemade kate’. I used a basket, some 5.5 mm knitting needles and two point protectors to keep the ‘bobbins’ (knitting needles) from slipping out. I was able to slide the singles directly from the spindle onto the knitting needles.
Works well and when I want a break I can just place the spindle inside and close it up and put it on a shelf. I realize it’s probably not like a ‘real’ kate but I think it’s an awesome solution! LOL, plus I had all this stuff on hand!
After a CAREFUL check of the dates, I’ve realized that the 69th day will be this friday the 22nd. Sooo…she’s taking her time!
We told her family day was a perfect day to have basschunds but she didn’t agree 🙂
We did a lot of relaxing yesterday. A nice February holiday!
I spun some finer singles than I had the first time…hoping as a two ply it’s fingering/sport weight. I’d like to try it for some of the ‘Selbuvotter’ gloves.
I just slide the completed singles onto an extra larger knitting needle and cap off the end with a point protecter….voila! A great homemade bobbin 🙂 LOL, when I’m done the second ply I’ll show you my nifty homemade lazy kate! It involves a shoebox and some knitting needles 🙂
I hope I have at least 150 yards…we’ll see when it’s time to skein it 🙂