I’ve started a pair of socks for my middle daughter, in the knitpicks felici that was included in my warm sock sampler. The colour is ‘clay’ and it’s really nice. My daughter chose it as her favorite 🙂 She likes cables more than lace so I’m trying an idea I had…will let you know how it goes! I’ve charted it – now to knit it up a bit and see how it looks ‘for real’.
I’ve decided to make some lacy socks this time and try the entrelac another time 🙂 I improvised a lace panel pattern including cables and have started these toe up on size 2mm needles using Knitpicks gloss in serengeti. My guage is coming out at about 10 sts per inch.
I’m pleased with the texture and openness of this lace! Not sure if these will be for me or for one of the girls this Christmas. We all have basically the same size feet, so I can decide later!
My attempts to design a sock hit a snag yesterday! This is actually attempt number 2. Number one had to frogged after I found I had increased to too many stitches. I forgot to consider negative ease. I also didn’t like the rate of increase…too triagular for my liking. So here I have a more rounded, shorter toe. I did use the Eastern Cast On method which I like because I can start with many stitches (16 in this case) and they are ‘grafted’ without grafting! 🙂
It’s so hard for me to think of a name for this sock. Naming inanimate objects isn’t my strong point. I’ve got a few ideas though…
It’s so much fun and yet so challenging to knit without a pattern. Such a feeling of possibility…and such a possibility of having to frog! lol. That is the part that keeps me from this most of the time.
Good morning! I’ve finished my son’s sweater, I’m happy to report. My picture taking skills leave much to be desired though, so the only picture I have taken so far is out of focus. I think I can do better so I’ll try again tonight. He is very happy with it! It makes me happy when my knitting can make someone else so happy. Just in time too, for the cooler weather.
Last night I cast on for a pair of socks. We’ll see how they turn out….I’ll keep you posted. I am using size 1.5 mm dpns and a fine fingering weight yarn (Austermann step). I think (being a person who doesn’t do proper guage swatches) that the guage is about 12 sts per inch. I’m ‘inventing’ the pattern as I go and keeping notes. I want them to be lacy, fit nicely, probably ankle socks because I really hate socks that go higher than the ankle. I am using the Eastern Cast On method and going toe up. I love the truly seamless sock!