Yes, sidetracked, AGAIN! I made a beautiful doggie blanket style dog sweater for our shitzu, Dora…
She loves it!
It was a simple pattern, based on one I found on the Drops site (102-40). I used various wools and a seed stitch pattern with striping. I did not have the correct needles for the pattern so I used what I had and modified the pattern, stitch wise, while following the basic form as they had it. I depended on the dog’s measurements to decide the width and the length.
I love how it buttons on and has no legs. And, of course!, how it knits up in one day 🙂 Now I suppose I need another two…one for the daschund and one for the basset…
The sun is shining and the rain is gone…for now 🙂 I love a sunny day…it revives me.
I’m going to do a ton of laundry, I love hanging it out to dry. It began because I don’t have my dryer yet – still in ‘storage’ – I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll ever see it again! – but I really like it. I know I’m not wasting power and I like the way the laundry feels and smells 🙂 Even the jeans and towels!
Baked some beautiful muffins yesterday…raspberry lemon…
They are fantastic…the recipe was originally for a cranberry muffin but I had frozen raspberries and I thought the lemon and raspberry would go well together, which they DID! The icing is just a glaze of icing sugar and lemon juice.
I’m almost done spinning the yarn for my son…I am so pleased too! I am sure I’ll get at least another 350 metres out of this last bit, maybe even 400 🙂 That should give me enough to make him a nice cabled sweater…
I’m hoping to finish spinning it while the kids are at school today. I’d like to clean up our deck and get outside for a while. It’s definitely a spin-friendly deck – covered concrete front porch that spans the front of the house, actually. An excellent place to shelter the baby plants now that I’ve moved them outside. I forgot about them last night!!! Thank goodness there wasn’t frost here like they said might happen.
My husband is broken…well, slightly damaged – we’re going with that – he tore his main muscle in his right arm (is a construction foreman in the concrete business) and now can hardly move his arm at all. He’s gotten a sling to wear and spent yesterday sleeping because he got so little rest the night before. They say he needs to keep from using the arm for about a week…he’s going to have to actually supervise instead of jumping in and doing the work for a while.
The dogs spent yesterday comforting him 🙂 They like to keep him company…
I spun last night and finished up the second single. I started plying it and it’s a nice thin weight! I may be able to use it in something 🙂 I’m thinking it would look awesome in the Selbuvotter stuff.
Here’s a picture (I promised) of my ‘homemade kate’. I used a basket, some 5.5 mm knitting needles and two point protectors to keep the ‘bobbins’ (knitting needles) from slipping out. I was able to slide the singles directly from the spindle onto the knitting needles.
Works well and when I want a break I can just place the spindle inside and close it up and put it on a shelf. I realize it’s probably not like a ‘real’ kate but I think it’s an awesome solution! LOL, plus I had all this stuff on hand!
After a CAREFUL check of the dates, I’ve realized that the 69th day will be this friday the 22nd. Sooo…she’s taking her time!
We told her family day was a perfect day to have basschunds but she didn’t agree 🙂
We did a lot of relaxing yesterday. A nice February holiday!
I spun some finer singles than I had the first time…hoping as a two ply it’s fingering/sport weight. I’d like to try it for some of the ‘Selbuvotter’ gloves.
I just slide the completed singles onto an extra larger knitting needle and cap off the end with a point protecter….voila! A great homemade bobbin 🙂 LOL, when I’m done the second ply I’ll show you my nifty homemade lazy kate! It involves a shoebox and some knitting needles 🙂
I hope I have at least 150 yards…we’ll see when it’s time to skein it 🙂
Not perfectly, lol, or evenly…but it’s wool 🙂 I only ended up with about 30 yards…I cut the second ply when the first finally broke after 30 yards. I will ply the rest of it yet and I should have another 15 yards there I think.
I like how the blues and greens have mixed…no planning involved – I’m not that organized so I just went one handfull of blue, one handfull of green as I spun it.
I love spinning!
I’m working to finish up the ‘Think Spring’ crocheted rug and waiting (impatiently) for these basschunds to arrive!
Miss Daisy is getting closer and closer to giving birth…my doubts are gone as now when she sits on me I can feel the babies moving around sometimes. She’s just taking her time! Since we don’t know exactly when she was bred we’re wondering if it was maybe in the week AFTER we arrived here. I know that the basset hound was howling like a maniac that week so he was definitely still interested. Here’s hoping it’s TODAY!
I’ve been missing a day here and there in the blog but I don’t always have anything to say! We have a pretty simple life around here 🙂 Kids, dogs, cooking, knitting…
Mr. Luke has had his operation and is doing really well. He’s much calmer already. His little friend in the picture is Daisy the Daschund.
The Hedgrow Coat is coming along…I’ve just started the first sleeve and hope to finish and be starting the second sleeve by tomorrow. I did an ‘oops’ and – get this – bound off BOTH front sides a whole cable repeat early. LOL…it looked SO wrong right away that I saw it as soon as I laid out the pieces. That’s all fixed up now. The Malabrigo is excellent for pulling out and picking up the stitches again. I usually hate it but with this wool it’s easy to do. Small Blessings.